Tomakin Sports & Social Club was established in 1976 by a small group of members led by Harry Brooks. Mr Brooks was the Foundation president of the club.
The original clubhouse was a small building and commenced trade with a function’s license, however this license was soon upgraded to a full on/off premises license and the business experienced strong growth in trade. A number of extensions and upgrades were completed over the years culminating in the current clubhouse development being opened in 2003.
The most recent upgrades/refurbishment was completed in July 2016 with the installation of a new childrens play area, the shifting of Jessica’s Place (our supervised child-minding facility), refurbishment of the clubs auditorium into an ultra-modern function area that will be known as ‘Seventy Seven’ (referring to the year the club received its full liquor licence), and the remodelling of the old BBQ Bar which will now be known as ‘Harry’s’ (In memory of Harry Brooks, founding member).
Our mission is to become the most respected and valued community and sporting club on the South Coast. We will strive to achieve this objective through the creation of shared values for our stakeholders, the efficient and professional conduct of our business and a commitment to providing superior service, facilities and atmosphere for our patrons.
- We value responsible economic management that minimises risk, builds member equity and the long term stability of our organisation.
- We foster and support a culture of high performance, team work, honesty and professionalism and seek to create competitive advantage through our people.
- We recognise that the key to success lies in customer satisfaction and will strive to provide our customers with the best possible service and facilities.
- We value the community around us and strive to become cherished as a true community asset to the people who live in and visit the Tomakin, Mossy Point and Broulee area.
- We are a responsible corporate citizen and consider the implications of our actions for our members, employees, suppliers, environment and community.
- We embrace technology, lateral thinking and diversity in the achievement of our objectives.